Foremost Insurance Group
Company Profile: PROGRESSIVE was started in 1937. On March 10, 1937, Joseph Lewis and Jack Green started Progressive Mutual Insurance Company. They wanted to provide vehicle owners with security and protection, and they thought an insurance company was a good investment for a couple of lawyers who were just getting started. Their business philosophy was to approach auto insurance in an innovative way—like no other company had. The Progressive Corporation is now one of the largest providers of car insurance in the United States. The company also insures motorcycles, boats, RVs, and commercial vehicles, and provides home insurance through select companies.
PROGRESSIVE has taken an innovative approach to auto insurance. They offered drive-in claims service before any other auto insurance company, and, in another industry first, allowed customers to pay their premiums in installments — an appealing option for those who couldn't afford annual payments. Progressive wanted — and still wants — to make auto insurance accessible and easy so more people could protect their vehicles.
• 1937 – Progressive Mutual Insurance Company founded.
• 1956 – Progressive Casualty Company formed to write high-risk drivers.
• 1964 – Offers a payment plan to nonstandard auto policyholders and starts insuring products other than autos—motorcycles, motor scooters, and motor bikes.
• 1965 - The Progressive Corporation is founded and a new company philosophy rejects industry groupthink that only corporate investments can be relied on for profit.
• 1970’s – Becomes a Public Traded Company, moved headquarters to Mayfield Village, Ohio, first auto insurance company to publish its loss reserve report - providing full disclosure of how loss reserves are established and validated and launched Progressive On-line Transaction Enquiry and Update System (PROTEUS) for data processing.
• 1980’s – Surpasses $ billion in premiums, listed on the New York Stock Exchange and shifts focus from being an agent-centric company to building a leading consumer brand with the passage of Proposition 103 in California.
• 1990 – Introduced Immediate Response® claims services, available 24/7,
• 1992 – Recognized as the largest seller of auto insurance through independent agents.
• 1994 – Surpassed $2 billion in written premium, introduced 1-800-AUTO-PRO, an auto insurance rate comparison shopping service, and the Immediate Response® Vehicle.
• 1995 – 2000
• 2001- 2005
o Introduced Snapshot - Pay As You Drive, a usage-based insurance program which rewards customers with lower rates for safe driving behaviors.
• 2017 - First insurer to offer a voice action on Google Home, Flo Chatbot debuts, making Progressive the first major insurer to give consumers the ability to quote an auto policy via Facebook Messenger and launched a multiple home quoting platform with HomeQuote Explorer.
• 2018 - Made shopping online for bundled auto and homeowners’ policies easier and faster by integrating HomeQuote Explorer with their Direct Auto quoting experience.
• 2016 - 2020 – Net Premiums grew an average of 14.6% per year from $23.4 billion to $40.6 billion.
Employee, Customer and Community Oriented:
8195 166th Ave Ne, #201
Redmond, WA 98052
Click Here to Email Us