INSURANCE AGENCY NETWORK Blog
If you have children, no doubt your car produces a certain smell every time you travel with them. The trash they leave from sticky candies and chocolates, burgers, chips, and the leftovers from just about any food that they have eaten.
You are not alone, as most families with children do the same thing to their family vehicle. Parents need to keep everything under control and know how to clean after their children. That is, if you still want to enjoy a fresh-smelling car while driving.
Is It Possible to Keep My Car Clean and Fresh?
1. Take a lot of precautions. If you let the kids eat some snacks inside the car, only those that are non-messy. In case they drop the food, it is easy to pick up or vacuum. For drinks, use cups that come with lids or sippy cups.
Instead of fabric seats, there are mats that are easier to clean, which you can put under the car seats.
2. Use air fresheners inside your car. These products are specifically made to help make a car smell fresh and new. They can also mask some odors that you and your children cause.
As you put air freshener outside your car vent, the air flows around it and all through the whole interior. These car air fresheners can also last for a long time.
3. Check your car for the trash regularly. Even if you think you have taken out the trash inside your car, look again as they may be some candy wrappers, paper, coins or other small objects that the children stuffed under the seat.
4. Vacuum always. If possible, do some vacuuming after every use of your car especially if you have just traveled with your kids. Look for every corner, including crevices and cracks.
There are many places in your car that could be concealing things. Neglecting to clean out those hidden treasures may just be the reason why your car smells stinky.
5. Give your kids responsibilities. If you have a large family, you probably have a big vehicle to accommodate everyone inside. This also means a bigger challenge to maintain and keep it clean.
You can delegate tasks to your children. They need to clean the area assigned to them. It teaches them to be responsible and they can learn to control the mess they create.
As you teach your kids to maintain cleanliness at all times while traveling in your car, you will soon have a fresh-smelling car that you love to drive.
As you protect your car from odor, protect it altogether with auto insurance. It provides the protection you need in case of an accident while on the road with your car and family. At Insurance services of the West, LLC, we aim to provide comprehensive insurance policies that makes your life easier. You can get more information about our products and services by calling our agency at (425) 681-0996. Get your free quote today by CLICKING HERE.
2/16/2019 04:46:14 am
Bad odors can originate from different sources. You have to address the source first, if you want to eliminate the odor. Because once you are able to spot the source of the bad fragrance, you can then decide the most effective approach to restore your convertible to an odorless state. Food, drinks, smoke, mildew- are some of the most common causes of odor. Better you clean your vehicle on a regular basis- because I think it is one of the easiest methods to save your adorable road companion from smelling bad.
2/19/2019 05:33:09 am
11/25/2020 01:19:03 am
This is extremely helpful… the smell in the car that I am test driving is just enough for me to think that it’s possible… but I do still worry about the longterm health implications of third-hand smoke. Will likely pass on this one – stop smoking people! It is not good for anyone.
Leave a Reply.